Monday, July 20, 2009

"No longer on the Fringe, +Gene"

Here's one of my favorite pictures from General Convention -- +Gene at the Integrity Eucharist with the All Saints Church processional cross in the background.

If you want to see a slide show of that fabulous evening, click here;

And if you want to read of blog summary of the WHOLE General Convention 2009, click here and get the "straight from the bishop (of New Hampshire)'s mouth" reflections on what the Holy Spirit accomplished in Anaheim -- which concludes with this sign off:

One brother bishop noted in private that my blog was still called "Canterbury Tales from the Fringe," and wondered if that was not out of date now. While I had simply decided to continue the same blog, rather than establish a new one, I now wonder if at some level I had still felt "on the fringe."

Because that is no longer the case, if I decide to blog again (I'm sure I will), it will be under a different name. I, along with my gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender brothers and sisters, are moving into full participation in the Body of Christ. There is no sweeter result of General Convention than this one.


No longer on the Fringe,
+Gene


And let the people say: AMEN!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Amen, indeed!

What a joy it is to read those words!

Jane R said...

I was so happy to read this last night...