Thursday, January 17, 2013

15 Years Ago Today ...

... "God willed" and "the people consented" and I was ordained a "presbyter in the Church of God" at St. John's on Adams here in the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles by then Bishop Fred Borsch.


There are a boatload of pictures somewhere but this is the one I could find this morning ... with my son Brian, mom and brother Bill. (son Jamie was taking the picture.)

Fifteen years seems like a lifetime ago and yesterday -- and I continue to be overwhelmed at the privilege of being called into this work of priesthood and for the amazing colleagues and context in which I get to minister.

Fifteen years. Wow!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Thanks be to God!

dianedp said...

Congratulations!
I am glad some religions recognize the contributions of women and that we have so much to offer.

I hope you are doing well.

JCF said...

Mazel Tov!