Here is an "Executive Summary" of the Trump Budget:
- Cuts nutrition funding for women, infants, and children
- Eliminates funding for Meals on Wheels completely
- Eliminates fund...ing for legal aid
- Eliminates low income heat assistance
- Eliminates community block grant, which funds disaster recovery
- Eliminates community services block grant, which funds community anti-poverty efforts
- Ends Senior Community Service Employment program
- Ends housing assistance program, in the middle of affordable housing crisis is America
- Ends Appalachian Regional Commission, which supports economic development in "left behind" communities who supported him
- Eliminates national endowment for the arts
- Eliminates Corporation for National and Community Service, which funds Americorps
- Eliminates US Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Eliminates Community Development Financial Institutions, which funds financial services in economically distressed areas
- Slashes teacher training, after school and summer programs, and higher education aid for low income students
- Cuts health and nursing training
- Punishes sanctuary cities for treating immigrants like humans
- Cuts infrastructure investments like Amtrak and FAA, hurting rural communities
- Huge cuts to the State Dept, but promises to "keep America safe"
- Massive cuts to Labor Dept, ending job training programs
Luke 16:19–31 | Jesus said, "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man's table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. He called out, `Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.'Coincidence? I don't think so!
But Abraham said, `Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony. Besides all this, between you and us a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who might want to pass from here to you cannot do so, and no one can cross from there to us.' He said, `Then, father, I beg you to send him to my father's house-- for I have five brothers-- that he may warn them, so that they will not also come into this place of torment.' Abraham replied, `They have Moses and the prophets; they should listen to them.' He said, `No, father Abraham; but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' He said to him, `If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"