Wednesday, May 07, 2008

On the tooting of one's own horn ...

So I got this award last week from the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and I wrote about it here and posted pictures of the fabulous Sharon Stone and put the award on my bookshelf and got back to work.

Today I got an email with a link to YouTube where they've posted the video they made for the Awards Dinner ... and so I sent it to a few friends with a note about not being willing to put it on my blog (not wanting to "toot my own horn" and all!) but wanting to share it with them.

WELL ... here's the note I got from one of the more-evolved-women in my world:

Please write a 1000 word essay on: Why “tooting my own horn” is good for ALL women and not self-serving. “Tooting my own horn” is under-rated and possibly one of those pieces that have kept women so anonymous for SOOOOOO long.

I would love for you to blog about your honor and share it. I NEED to know about other women; I NEED other women to be famous and get honors and have public admiration and praise. I HUNGER for it!!!!! Don’t withhold this from your Blog darn it!!!

Okay ... I hear it. I get it. So here it is ... Toot, Toot, Toot, Toot!


.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I'm tooting your horn on my blog. It's fabulous and everyone should know about it. I'm so proud of you I could just burst!

ROBERTA said...

so glad you chose to toot! great video.....

MadPriest said...

Feel free to toot as much as you want. OCICBW... is ready and waiting to knock you back down should you show even the slightest sign of believing you're better than the rest of us. We've been practicing our technique on that uppity Kaeton woman for some while now.

And this ain't owt to do with you being a wimmin and all that. We are an equal opportunity peg-taker-downer.

uffda51 said...

Brava!

Lilli said...

Tooting your horn is just another way of spreading the word. Congratulations! You go girl!

Hugo Schwyzer said...

Oh, that's awesome.

Miss you, Susan, and very very proud of you.

janinsanfran said...

Now that's evangelism!