Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So I guess NOTHING is sacred anymore!

It turns out that ...
,

... the "Bigfoot Find" Is A Hoax!!


You can read all the sad details here ... but it seems that by the time the frozen carcass started to thaw and it was discovered that one of the feet was rubber (you can't make this stuff up) the two "Bigfoot hunters" -- surprise! -- had fled the California hotel room where they had been staying.

An organization called Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. is the injured party in this sad story, and they are (and I quote) "seeking justice for themselves and for all the people who were deceived by this deception."

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

But wait ... here's the best part: More than 200 people attended a press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., at which Searching For Bigfoot members announced that they were in possession of a dead Sasquatch. The group, however, conceded at the time that DNA tests performed on the carcass were, at best, inconclusive.

5 comments:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I'm brokenhearted!

Every time I think of Bigfoot I think of this incredibly campy B movie, "The legend of Boggy Creek", that taught me the MOST important thing about Sasquatch-style monsters...

"When Bigfoot-type creatures are lurking about, NEVER NEVER hang around in the bathroom for any length of time!"

JimB said...

Next thing you know we will find gambling at Rick's!

FWIW
jimB

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Aw, Jim...Claude Rains is my hero and that very scene where he picks up his winnings during the "raid" is the one I could watch thousands of times over!

Padre Mickey said...

Big Foot turned out to be a rubber gorilla suit frozen in a block of ice.

Aghaveagh said...

What's worse than the scam is the writing level of most of the comments over at the site you linked to, Susan. A nation filled with illiterate, illogical, profane idiots with Internet access...how did we get to be this way? Is there any hope for education in this country?

*sigh*...

rant over.

By the way, I have the body of a leprechaun in my freezer I will gladly sell to the highest bidder. (Note: pot of gold not included.)