Saturday, May 21, 2011

And we're off ...



After lots of planning, organizing, networking and anticipating it's time to head to Washington for CLERGY CALL ... the Human Rights Campaign's Capitol Hill lobby day for faith leaders. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go ... looking forward to good work and the privilege of hanging out with a whole boatload of fabulous people. Here's an overview of what our time in DC looks like:

  • Sunday night Integrity is hosting a gathering for the Episcopalians in town (I understand we're 8% of the clergy coming ...)

  • Monday is a day of briefings from HRC staff with an interfaith service of celebration Monday evening. I'm honored to be one of the speakers at that and looking forward to music by our L.A. friend and ally Ani Zonneveld.

  • Tuesday we'll be on Capitol Hill -- where one of our speakers will be the fabulous Winnie Varghese ... and then we get the chance to meet with members and staff.
  • So I'm packing my clergy duds, my talking points and my walking shoes ... stay tuned for updates ... and -- in case you missed it -- here's a look at Clergy Call 2009:


    No comments: