So I was delighted to open my email from the AFA today to find this statement they received from the Home Depot:
"We have never changed our commitment to diversity and inclusion of all people, and we have no intention of doing so. Nor have we changed our apron policy or the guidelines for our charitable giving."So Score One for Equality and "Bravo!" Home Depot!
And ... since no good deed goes unpunished by those determined to keep LGBT Americans second class citizens ... here's how the AFA is calling their folks to action:
TAKE ACTIONSo what we need to do it "go and do 'the opposite.'"
1. Pray for Home Depot Chairman Frank Blake to make wise decisions regarding his company's direction.
2. If you have not done so, sign the Boycott Pledge at www.BoycottTheHomeDepot.com.
3. Call your local Home Depot store and ask to speak to the manager. You can find the number to your local store here (click "Store Finder" at top of page) or in your local phone book.
4. Print the paper petition and distribute it at Sunday school and church.
TAKE ACTIONOK??? Got it? Ready ... Set ... GO!!!
1. Actually, on this one we can "go and do likewise" ... just add to our prayers "continue to make wise decisions regarding his comany's direction and give thanks for the witness to equality Home Depot makes in the public sector."
2. I'm not a fan of pledges, but if somebody wants to start a "Buycott" Pledge to support Home Depot then I'm in.
3 . Call your local Home Depot store and ask to speak to the manager. You can find the number to your local store here (click "Store Finder" at top of page) or in your local phone book. Thank him/her for the company's continued commitment to equality.
4. Don't print it out ... but DO check it out ... if only as a reminder of how far the homophobic fringe will go to continue to trample on the rights of LGBT families in this country.