Monday, January 23, 2012

Tonight's the Night!

"Love Free or Die" ... Macky Alston's long awaited feature-length documentary on the work and witness of Bishop Gene Robinson ... premieres tonight at the Sundance Film Festival.

It has been my high honor to watch from offstage (mostly) as this work has progressed. From +Gene's consecration in November 2006 [where I was in the press box] to the blessing of Mark & Gene's civil union in June 2008 [where I was in the pulpit] to England and Lambeth Conference in July 2008 [where I was in the congregation when a heckler distrupted the service and reminded us all how risky a business this stepping out for the Gospel can be.]

Here's the segment that aired about the film on PBS in Utah this weekend (which includes the heckling incident from St. Mary's, Putney):



The Hollywood Reporter review is just in and it calls the film "Illuminating" and Engrossing" ... and I cannot WAIT to see it!

More to come on this one, I'm sure ...

No comments: