Know someone with a gift for connecting people with each other and with opportunities for ministry, a heart for the Good News of God's inclusive love and a boatload of energy for congregational development? Have we got a job for them: Associate for Congregational Development at All Saints Church in Pasadena. Job description and details here. Help us spread the word!
Associate for Congregational Development
All Saints Church, a progressive, inclusive and dynamic 4,000-member Episcopal church is seeking to hire a full-time Associate for Congregational Development.
All Saints Church is in the urban center of Pasadena, California, and a presence in regional Los Angeles. It has a long history of interfaith relationships and an ongoing commitment to local, national and global issues of peace and justice. It strives to follow God’s prophetic call to live out God’s inclusive love through Spirituality, Community and Peace & Justice.
The Associate for Congregational Development will be responsible for:
• Developing, monitoring and maintaining systems for:
o Inviting and welcoming new members;
o The engagement and tracking of every member;
o The training, retention, nourishing and rotation of parish leadership;
• Analyzing trends in parish/church life and national life;
• Small groups ministry;
• Parish Life ministries and activities;
• Vocational discernment and life skills offerings for members;
• Identifying, training and coordinating volunteers;
• Leading the stewardship/development/grant writing and incorporation functions.
The position requires the following:
• Excellent skills in organizing people and administering programs;
• The ability to cultivate leadership and inspire others to action and reflection;
• The ability to work cross-culturally and collaboratively;
• The ability to train, supervise and support both staff and volunteers;
• Experience in administration and in managing a budget, i.e., the ability to query basic data into useful information;
• Experience in Development, fundraising and/or grant writing;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and knowledge of PC computer systems;
• Experience with tracking information using databases;
• The ability to work collegially in a large staff;
• A warm, welcoming, supportive, innovative, open, flexible and playful nature.
The Associate for Congregational Development must be present for Sunday services and for all special events. Although not required, bilingual (Spanish/English) communications skills are highly desirable.
We are interested in someone who eagerly embraces the values that All Saints has of promoting children and youth ministries, of a commitment to peace and justice, of blessing same-sex covenants, of transforming church and culture through a multicultural lens and of providing interfaith leaders for our time. Being committed to an ongoing process of multiculturalism, we encourage applications from women, persons of color, and gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are open to applications from clergy and from lay persons.
Full benefits, including health and dental insurance and pension, are provided. If you are interested, please send your résumé and a letter about yourself to:
Or FAX: 626.584.4237
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word or PDF documents only)
All Saints Church
132 North Euclid Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91101
No phone calls, please. Deadline for receipt of materials: February 28, 2013