Sunday, August 26, 2007

Every once in awhile ...

... you actually find something useful on an "on the other side of the aisle" blog -- and today was my lucky day!

It's warm and muggy here today -- remnants of Hurricane Dean, I'm told, and some of us are napping ...


... and some of us are watching golf on TV and some of us are wandering around the internet just because we're not sleepy and we don't like golf and we're too lazy to go tackle the dozen or so things left of the "things to do when you have time on vacation" list.

So here's the piece of interest ... Greg Griffith's "Computer Security 101" which I found clear, lucid, helpful and clarifying.

So thanks, Greg. I can now say I know a lot more about the whys and wherefores of computer stuff than I did when I got up this morning.

Hope everybody else is having a relaxing weekend, too!
.
P.S. -- And no, I can't imagine what the annals of bonehead history bishop was thinking either ... my, my my!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Well, I'm on the internet for about the same reasons you are. Thanks for the link.

JimB said...

It was a fairly well writen piece, but simply not having IRD funded haters feeding lines to +Nigeria would solve their security problems. Of course in that case, they might have to love all of God's people, even liberals, gays, lesbians, even perhaps Samaritans.

In business school one of my instructors observed that the best security system is often to not do what needs to be hidden.

;;sigh;;

FWIW
jimB