... and living in Titusonenineland!
Hardly breaking news, but hey ... it's a rainy day off and I'm two-down-three-to-go loads on the laundry scorecard and my hopes for a night at the Stadium watching the Dodgers beat Pittsburgh are fading as the rain gauge fills so I figured I'd wander around blogland for a little edification ... and here's what I found ... a sampling of titusonenine comments on this Chicago Tribune feature article on women clergy:
An unfortunate and aberrational experiment that needs to be ended by any Alternate Province, and the entire Communion.
I would not blame WO for all the ills of the Church. But, I would hold WO accountable for some of the ills of the church including:
* the feminization of the church so that men have less of a place, feel less welcome, and are less appreciated for the masculine qualities they bring.
* the disregard of ancient and legitimate church teaching and practice.
* the celebration of victimhood over truth in the church.
* a focus on emotional rather than rational argument in theology and morality.
* tolerance of apostasy.
* the infuences of wicca and other pagan symbolism and belief.
* tolerance of lesbianism and by extention homosexuality among men.
* the devaluing of law and order in favor of radical and novel and illicit practices.
* the adherence to the spirit of the age over the Holy Spirit.
I am sure there are more. These are just the ones I can think of at the moment.
I hope all those women “priests” are happy and are feeling completely self-actualized. There ought to be some social benefits for all the social, spiritual and emotional mahem their “life choices” represent. Not to mention that WO is contrary to divine revelation.
I knew ya'll would want me to "share the joy" ... but now I'm going to have to take a break from undermining civilization, destroying the family, splitting the church and the general mahem of my "life choices" as the dryer is buzzing and there's laundry to fold.