Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today's Boston Globe ...

... features this front page profile of the Bishop of New Hampshire by "A team" journalist Michael Paulson.
"One of the things I think I've learned in the last five years is that, as much as I wanted to be known as the good bishop, and not the gay bishop, there's no escaping," Robinson said in an interview last week at the diocesan headquarters here. "I would love just to be a simple country bishop, but that just doesn't seem to be in the cards."

No, no it doesn't. But let's give thanks for someone willing to play the hand he's been dealt faithfully -- even if it doesn't have the cards he was hoping for!
.

1 comment:

Mitchell Anderson said...

I'm proud to say I share a faith with Gene Robinson, and I really do think he's a model for people all over the world. He and Jefferts Schori were actually two people who helped me hear the call to ministry and great examples of how I'd like to do ministry.