Monday, October 11, 2010

The cat CAME OUT!

Thanks be to God: Alleluia, Alleluia!

I don't know if she came out of the closet or out from under the bed or out from some Dick-Cheney-esque "undisclosed location" she goes to hide in when her other mother (AKA her REAL mother) is away.

But I don't care.

All I care about is she's OUT ... putting an end to my 24-fear-wracked-hours that just because she won't come when I call -- even when I open a can of smelly cat food and try to make meowing noises to tempt her out of her hiding place -- does not mean she has somehow escaped into the scary, dangerous outside world in spite of my best efforts at maximum security-total kitty lockdown and I'm going to have to explain to her other mother (AKA my wife) that I lost the cat while she was in Orlando at the Believe Out Loud Power Summit.

So celebrate with me. THE CAT IS OUT! Alleluia, Alleluia!!

7 comments:

Bateau Master said...

Does the parable of the lost drachma feel more personal?

Don't discount Cheney's culpability too quickly.

It's certainly worth a Alleluia!

JCF said...

This kitteh looks ready to purr, regally, "Nolo Me Tangere", upon making her reappearance... ;-/

Sharing your happiness.

[Wanna share mine? GIANTS going to the NLCS!!! Woo Hoo!!! :-D]

whiteycat said...

Cute kitty! What was lost has now been found! Joy to all ... I know what this is like having been "owned" by a number of cats in my lifetime.

whiteycat said...

Cute kitty! What was lost has now been found! Joy to all ... I know what this is like having been "owned" by a number of cats in my lifetime.

Rick+ said...

My cats are always curious whenever I slide open the closet door. I always shoo them away saying, "No one's in the closet in this house."

uffda51 said...

Who says cats don't have a sense of humor?

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Ha. Ha.