Saturday, November 04, 2006

Shalom!

It was indeed a grand and glorious occasion ... the church was packed, the energy was electric and it was hard not to be ontologically aware that we were witnesses to history: the first woman Primate in the Anglican Communion.

Thanks be to God. Alleluia. Amen.

I sat just below the famous "moon rock" window and remember the awe we felt when that "first step for 'mankind'" was taken by one brave soul for all of us. I felt we were witnessing a step for all of us once again in this momentous and joyous step forward for the Episcopal Church.

More later ... they're calling my flight here in Chicago. This IS the day that the Lord has made ... we are rejoicing an being glad in it!

1 comment:

Pfalz prophet said...

Next time you're flying through Chicago, Susan, please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate the honor of meeting you.