Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One of those pictures worth 1000 words:

Del is 87 and Phyllis is 84
.
As our friend Malcolm Boyd
said at his and Mark's blessing a few years ago,
"At our age the words
'til death do you part'
take on a whole new meaning!"
.
May God grant them all...
.
Del & Phyllis,
Diane and Robin,
Mel & Gary,
Susan & Bear
etc
etc
etc
.
... a lifetime of love, joy and celebration
of the mystery of love and miracle of relationship!
.
(And I hold in my heart today a special place for those whose partners did not live long enough to see this historic day. I pray that the joy of those who today and in the days and weeks to come commit themselves to each other in marriage will be a comfort and solace to those who still grieve "what might have been" ... and that we remember to give thanks for all those on whose shoulders we stand as we rejoice at this inch reclaimed on the planet growing green with love and joy and celebration!)
.

1 comment:

Bob Schneider said...

I married at age 58.. My priest in our wedding homily said that one of the most important tasks a spouse may have is to help the other die. His words struck me with great force then and I've often thought of them since (going on 10 and 1/2 years). I believe that preparing a spouse for passage is one of the great gifts life gives us, and I hope it will prove true when that day comes.