* The Archbishop of Canterbury will stop believing that the "Windsor bishops" constitute a force for moderation. He will be right.
* The Archbishop of Canterbury will not stop believing that the Windsor Report is an item in the Anglican portfolio that has continuing merit. He will be wrong.
* The icon of solidarity in the Anglican Communion (Canterbury focus) will be the Anglican Covenant, at least during the tenure of the incumbent Archbishop of Canterbury.
* The icon of solidarity in the Anglican Communion (African bible-belt focus) will be the Bible.
* The icon of solidarity in the New Improved Anglican Communion, made up of Anglican Communion Bible Belt Focused Provinces and a range of North and South American dissenter Anglicans, will be "the faith once delivered to the Saints."
* Progressives will try to live without icons but will be tempted to think of justice as an icon. They will have to work at overcoming this temptation. Justice is not an icon, it is an anvil on which the pretenses of our prejudices disguised as morality are finally annealed.
Happy 2008, Mark -- and everybody else, too!