Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here comes ENDA!


Representative Barney Frank, joined by Reps. Tammy Baldwin and Jared Polis, introduced an inclusive version of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would extend the existing federal law prohibiting employment discrimination to protect people on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.


Call your U.S. Representative and ask him or her to cosponsor the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

Dial the Capital Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to be directly connected to your Representative.

(If you don’t know who your representative is you can find out here.)

Tell them:

I am a constituent and I would like you to please tell Representative _______ that I would like him/her to become a cosponsor of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. ENDA would ban discrimination against all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the workplace. Can you tell me whether or not Representative _______ has cosponsored the bill?

Go. Do it. Now. Really. Just call.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I did -- he wont.

I live in the Illinois district famous for producing the Vatican's unofficial Democrat. ;;sigh;;