Friday, July 18, 2008

Easy come, Easy go!

And then there was this little tidbit from today's Thinking Anglicans:

Highlight of the day: being given an invite to a drinks party hosted by Jack Iker tomorrow. Perhaps this really is engagement across the fault-lines. I felt touched, honoured, and minded to go listen.

Lowlight of the day: 2 minutes later being told the invites were only meant to be given to “sympathetic” bishops. But hey, I do sympathy really well, perhaps I am invited after all.

1 comment:

cp said...

I just love our Presiding Bishop because her response to this kind of behavior (or behaviour, this being Lambeth time?) tends to be right in line with Scriptural values on this one. And I think she has been very effective as a result.

No, ‘if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.’ (Rom 12 1:20)