Saturday, October 11, 2008

All things work together for good ...

... for those who love and serve the Lord.
Romans 8:28


Here's a very contemporary (today!) illustration of that eternal truth:

This morning I received the following email:

Rev. Susan Russell,

I found your name in this article and then looked up your contact information on the church website. Because you appear to be very involved in the No On Prop 8 campaign, I was hoping you might be able to help me with a problem we are having. Right now, ordering signs from the website, they won't even ship until October 20th, which is a lot of days without signs to battle the "Yes" signs I am seeing in the neighborhood. Are you aware of any local source where we can just walk in and buy No signs?

Thank you,
"Jane"

====

I replied:

Dear Jane,

I got mine at the local Democratic party headquarters. But there's also a No on 8 center in Silverlake and one in West Hollywood

Blessings,
Susan

====

"Jane" replied (nine minutes later!):

Great! I contacted the Silverlake office and they said they have them in stock. I'm on my way! :)

====

So there you have it ... one small yard sign toward marriage equality ...

... and one large illustration of how things intended for evil can be used for good.
.
For who wrote the "article" that inspired Jane to search for my email address, contact me and get hooked up with a "No on 8" yard sign? None other than David Virtue -- his latest pseudo-news report: "Episcopal Lesbian Priest in Desperate Plea to Deep Six Proposition 8."
.
So thanks, David. Thanks, Jane. And thanks EVERYONE working to [a] love and serve the Lord and [b] preserve marraige for all in California!
.


No comments: