Friday, September 05, 2008

Because I should be writing a sermon ...

... I've been trolling the blogs instead.


And I came across this little tid-bit over on ABC News' "Political Punch":


Palin Accuses 'Obama/Biden Democrats' of Attacking Her Family, But Campaign Can't Name One


Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin sent out a fundraising solicitation today that charged that "the Obama/Biden Democrats have been vicious in their attacks directed toward me, my family and John McCain.

"I asked spokespeople of the McCain campaign and the Republican National Committee just which "Obama/Biden Democrats" they're referring to.

The response I got was that Obama spokesman Mark Bubriski erroneously attacked Palin as a supporter of Pat Buchanan.

That's it.

That's the evidence.


An attack on Palin herself.


In other words, they can't name one person affiliated with the Obama-Biden campaign who attacked the Palin family.


But she made the charge anyway, to help raise money.


Incidentally, in 1998 Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, told the following joke at a Republican fundraiser:


"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?" McCain joked about the then-President's then-teenage daughter. "Because her father is Janet Reno."


''This is the bad boy,'' he told the New York Times' Maureen Dowd. "It was stupid and cruel and insensitive. I've apologized. I can't take it back. I could give you a whole bunch of excuses, but there are no excuses. I was wrong, but do you want me crucified? How many days does it need to be a story?'"


Now THAT is attacking someone's family!
.
And now, I really AM going to get started on that sermon! :)

2 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

And now the McCain people are saying that Palin won't be giving any interviews until there's assurance that she will be treated with "respect and deference".

First, can you imagine a democrat getting away with this?

And, second, didn't she present herself as the pitbull of the campaign? Sounds as if she's pretty delicate after all if she can't answer a few tough questions by reporters.

RonF said...

They dont' have to. Democrats are treated with respect and deference by the media automatically.