Monday, March 25, 2013

On the Eve of the SCOTUS Equality Arguments

Facebook friend Scott Hankins wrote: "On this eve of what may become two of the greatest days in the history of the United States of America, the world in silent stillness lays to hear the angels sing."

Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill said: ""My children have a hard time understanding why this is even controversial. I think history will agree with my children.”

And I -- when I had the privilege of being one of the speakers as last night's rally and vigil on the steps of L.A. City Hall -- said: "Listen. Do you hear it? It's the sound of the arc of history Martin Luther King Jr. told us bends toward justice bending just a litte closer to liberty and justice for all."

Hollingsworth v. Perry (Prop 8) tomorrow. United States v. Windsor (DOMA) on Wednesday. Eat your Wheaties, kids. There's Holy Work going on in this Holy Week and you're going to need your best energy!

For more pictures, check out the United for Marriage Tumblr
For more on Holy Work and Holy Week, check out my blog over on the Huffington Post ... it's getting some interesting comment action! :)

F

No comments: