Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not Ready to Make Nice

.
I'm a little behind on the pop culture reflections what with "All Tanzania All the Time" running overtime, but wanted to note the SWEEP of the Grammys by my favorite bunch of singing women -- the Dixie Chicks.
.
WOO HOO!!! (And yes, for the record, I was crazy about them before they "went political.")
.
Here's a link to their award winning Not Ready to Make Nice . If indeed it's "too late to make it right" with those in the Anglican Communion who insist we must sell out our vision for the Kingdom in order to be at the table with them then maybe it's time to crank up the music and sing along: [link to lyrics here]
.
I'm not ready to make nice
I'm not ready to back down ...
.
Because the Kingdom calls -- and we truly do not have time to continue to go round and round and round.

No comments: