Tuesday, November 13, 2007

We're loving Giles Fraser at All Saints Church!

So we've had our own little "British Invasion" here at All Saints this last week or so as we've been blessed with the presence of the Reverend Dr. Giles Fraser (Vicar of Putney) here in Pasadena whilst on sabbatical leave. (Warning: If you hang around with an Englishman long enough, you find that you start using words like "whilst!")

Anyway, he preached for us on Sunday ... "Salvation and Democracy" (now up online on video) and then we had quite the lovely post-Evensong reception ...

Here's us looking very Anglican in our cassocks, don'tcha think?

Ed Bacon & Giles Fraser: The Dynamic Duo

And a good time was had by all ...

... including Giles ...

... who here surveys our efforts to "British-up the place" in his honor.
.
Happily, we'll be at the same conference next month at Seabury-Western, working with allies to continue to move the church forward on in the inclusion of all the baptized into the Body of Christ. And I know there are moves afoot to get him back for another bit to All Saints Church.
.
So stay tuned ... and bon voyage, Vicar! Safe travels back and blessings on you and your global witness to God's inclusive love!

4 comments:

Jack Sprat said...

What a great homilist ... I guess I know where I'll be headed next time I'm in London on a Sunday!

-J

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear words like whilst. Also amongst. As in "bless art thou amongst women." Who was that Irish writer who said that when he was a kid he thought that something to do with "a monk swimming"? -- J

Frair John said...

One teeny tiny thing.
Tippets go on over the hood.
I'm sorry, the verger in me never dies.

On a more serious note, that was a phenomenal thing to listen to.

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Yes, yes, I know. "Tippet on top" they taught me "back in the day." I fixed it before the service but not in time for "the Kodak moment!"