Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ben Carson "On the Record"

So quick one here ... been watching the news today and hearing Ben Carson trying to "walk back" his Islamophobic comments on Meet the Press on Sunday, September 20. And -- because the "walk back" today is that the comments were "out of context" -- here's the excerpt from the transcript to save you looking it up:
CHUCK TODD: Let me wrap this up by finally dealing with what's been going on, Donald Trump, and a deal with a questioner that claimed that the president was Muslim. Let me ask you the question this way: Should a President's faith matter? Should your faith matter to voters?

DR. BEN CARSON: Well, I guess it depends on what that faith is. If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the constitution, no problem.

CHUCK TODD: So do you believe that Islam is consistent with the constitution?

DR. BEN CARSON: No, I don't, I do not.

CHUCK TODD: So you--

DR. BEN CARSON: I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.
Seriously, people. Unforced error, pure and simple. We've just got to do better than this.

No comments: