Saturday, July 07, 2007


It's been a busy, BUSY Saturday ... hospital visits to make, sermons to finish, assisted-living changes to help mediate ... but now I'm fixing to get myself presentable and head on down to Disney Hall where I will have the privilege of con-celebrating with local rabbi Lisa Edwards the inter-faith blessing of two utterly fabulous amazing young men.

In preparation for this evening I turned to my files and was reminded how much I love this poem ... so decided to share it here in thanksgiving for MOST this amazing day.

Enjoy ... and Mazel Tov!

i thank You God for most this amazing day:
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything which is natural
which is infinite
which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeing breathing any-
lifted from the no of all nothing-
human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

-e e cummings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We thought you and your words at the service were truly amazing! We've had many requests fro the Cummings poem. I think you'v estarted a following of believers in "all that is 'yes.'"

John & John